Crunchy, salty and refreshingly herby. That’s what this nut mix is all about. We created a bit of a twist on the classic savoury seasoned nuts, with its main ingredients being thyme and lemon, giving this traditional snack a bit of a modern and individual taste. So, out with the old and in with a homemade bag of savoury nuts to snack on whenever in need of something tangy, salty and satisfactory.
Time to go Nuts for our Thyme and Lemon Nut Mix
300g mixed nuts (cashew, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
8g fresh thyme leaves, chopped
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, grated
2 lemon, just the zest
1 tsp flaked sea salt
1 tsp black pepper, ground
1 tbsp coconut sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a bowl combine all the above ingredients except for the nuts. Stir with a spoon until a delicious paste is formed.
- Add your nuts to the bowl and stir once more until everything is evenly covered in your spice mix.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray spreading the nuts evenly before baking them for 10 minutes. Turn them with a spoon and bake for a further 5 minutes until golden brown. Keep an eye on them as every oven varies.
- Allow them to cool before transferring them to a glass jar to store or simply pour them into a bowl to devour on the spot.