This recipe hits all the spots combining chocolate, salted caramel and peanut butter in one, which are then transformed into little golden nuggets.
It’s the best granola to have waiting in your cupboard as beside breakfast it makes for the perfect pick me up when that midday slump comes creeping in. Try snacking it straight out of the jar or sprinkle it over some banana ice cream for a crunchy texture.
Personally, I make this granola as a snack rather than filling an entire bowl with it.
Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Chunk Granola w./ Chocolate Chips
Makes approx 550g
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
200 ml water
a good pinch of salt
350 gluten-free oats
3 tbsp oat flour (if you don't have oat flour make your own by milling normal oats in your blender until you achieve a flour like consistency)
120g chocolate chip, freeze them for a couple of hours beforehand
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a blender combine the dates, vanilla essence, peanut butter, coconut oil, water and a good pinch of salt. Blend on high until you are left with a silky smooth golden looking mixture. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Now add your dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until everything is coated in the peanut caramel mixture. Season to taste with some extra salt if needed.
- Transfer the peanut butter caramel oats evenly onto a pre-lined baking sheet and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for a total of 20 minutes turning it half way to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Let the granola cool fully where it will get deliciously crisp and golden. Once cooled transfer into an airtight glass jar to store.
Happy baking, Mxx