These brownies take indulgence to a whole new level and are all kinds of delicious. Crispy to the touch with a hint of raspberry and a gooey centre piece - everything you could want from a brownie. To top it off they are gluten and refined sugar free.
Serve warm as a dessert with natural yogurt or vanilla ice cream, or as an afternoon treat. These gluten and refined sugar free brownies will bring a smile to anyone's face.
Raspberry Chocolate Brownies
Makes 16 squares
200g dark chocolate
80g organic cacao powder
200g organic butter
325g coconut sugar
120g oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
5 tbsp honey
5 tbsp almond milk or any other plant based milk
To topp the brownies at the end;
punnet of raspberries
60g of white chocolate broken into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Put the chocolate, cacao powder and butter into a pan. Leave to melt on a very low heat stirring occasionally.
3. Remove the silky smooth chocolate from the heat and add the coconut sugar. Mix once more before transferring the batter to a larger mixing bowl.
4. Now add the oat flour, baking powder, pinch of salt. Stir until it all comes together.
5. Once the mixture has combined alternate between adding the eggs, honey and milk making sure to stir in-between. Lastly add the vanilla essence. You should now have a completely smooth, thick and sticky mixture that tastes heavenly.
6. Spoon the mixture into the baking tray that is lined with parchment paper and greased with either coconut oil or butter to avoid it from sticking to the pan. I use a 22.5cm x 23cm baking dish for this.
7. To finish it off simply sprinkle over your fresh raspberries and broken up white chocolate.
8. Place into the pre-heated oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Make sure you do not leave them in too long otherwise they will loose that divine gooey texture. Trust me on this one - you don't want to miss out on that sensation.