Crunchy, nutty with a chewy sweet twist on your everyday Muesli. The perfect mix of nuts, seeds, gluten-free oats, chewy dried apricot pieces and a hint of turmeric to spice things up. It can be the perfect topping for your smoothie bowl, give a nice crunch to your fruit salad, simple yoghurt or be enjoyed on its own with any dairy-free milk.
Golden Turmeric Granola with Apricots
Makes 2 kilograms of Granola
900g gluten-free oats
300g desiccated coconut
350g flaked almonds
150g pumpkin seeds
250g dried apricots, chopped
10 tbsp coconut oil, melted
12 tbsp honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp turmeric
a pinch of salt
- Preheat to 180°C
- In a small bowl combine the melted coconut oil, honey, coconut sugar, turmeric, vanilla essence and vanilla. Stir until you have a glossy mix.
- In a larger bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Pour in your wet ingredients and give it a thorough stir until everything is coated evenly in the golden mixture.
- Transfer your mixture evenly onto four pre-lined baking trays and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes then turn and bake for approximately another 20 minutes making sure to check it once in a while.
- Let the granola cool fully where it will turn deliciously crisp and golden. Once cooled transfer to an airtight glass jar to store.