Cookie lovers won't be able to resist these perfectly chewy bites with the right amount of chocolate drops and a noticeable hint of salt. They make a perfect mid afternoon pick me up or try them crushed over some banana ice cream for extra indulgence.
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
210g coconut oil, melted
250g coconut sugar
240g gluten-free oat flour
240g gluten-free oats
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
a good pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a bowl whisk the coconut oil, coconut sugar and eggs until well combined.
3. Add the oat flour, oats, bicarbonate of soda, vanilla essence and a good pinch of salt. Stir once more ensuring everything is fully incorporated.
4. Now gently stir in the dark chocolate drops.
5. Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make sure to keep them well apart as they will spread when baking.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Leave to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes allowing them to firm up before transferring them to an airtight container.