Everything a granola should be if you are a banana bread lover. Full of flavour and texture then baked until crispy and golden.
If you follow me on Instagram you will know I take breakfast very seriously and granola plays a big part in my morning routine. On top of that I’m a huge Banana bread lover so naturally, I had to find a way to incorporate it into my first meal aside from a loaf.
Whip it up in a few simple steps and let the oven work it’s magic whilst filling your kitchen with the mouthwatering aromas of banana, coconut and cinnamon. It keeps well in a glass jar so don’t shy away from making a huge batch to keep for the following month.
Banana Bread Granola w./ Cinnamon
50g desiccated coconut
1 banana, the browner the better
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a bowl big enough to fit all of your ingredients mash the banana with a fork. Then add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir.
- Now add your dry ingredients; the oat flakes, walnuts and desiccated coconut. Stir once more with a spoon until everything is covered in your banana mixture.
- Transfer your mixture evenly onto a pre-lined baking sheet and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake for a total of 18 minutes. Turn the granola with a spoon after 10 minutes and let it bake for the remaining 8 minutes keeping an eye on it as it can quickly turn too dark.
- Let the granola cool fully where it will get deliciously crisp and golden. Then add some dried banana crisps before transferring them into an airtight glass jar to store.