Deliciously indulgent Ferrero Roche Balls but with a healthy twist on the ingredient list. These raw truffles have a crunchy centre piece encased in a gooey chocolate caramel which is then dipped in dark chocolate and rolled in a sea of toasted hazelnuts. Now if that didn't get you hungry then I don't know what to say.
These guys don't only look gorgeous but are extremely addictive and I have been told taste better than the original. Don't say I didn't warn you!!
A Nutritional Twist on Ferrero Rocher
Makes 10 balls
For the chocolate caramel
140g dates, pitted
20g coconut oil
30g desiccated coconut
40g cacao powder
40g honey, maple syrup or agave syrup
For the crunchy filling
10 hazelnuts, whole and roasted
50g hazelnuts, roasted and crushed
For the chocolate coating
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp agave syrup
4 tbsp cacao powder
pinch of salt
1. In a high-speed blender combine the pitted dates, melted coconut oil, desiccated coconut, cacao powder and liquid sweetener of your choice. Blend on high until you are left with a dough like texture.
2. Then roll the dough into ten individual balls. Now push a roasted hazelnut into each and roll once more between your hand to ensure it's fully covered up.
3. Next you need to press the crushed hazelnuts into your balls so that they are covered all around. Put into the freezer.
4. To make the chocolate simply add all of the ingredients to a bowl making sure the coconut oil is melted. Whisk until you are left with a smooth chocolate mix.
5. Now dip each hazelnut covered ball into your melted chocolate and transfer to a parchment paper lined tray. Once you have repeated this with all ten balls place them back into the freezer until set then store in a Tupperware in the fridge.